Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One of the Last H B Smith bb 14 I will install

Options
Joe Grosso
Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
Did this just before my camera and went back today to make sure system was runnig right.A bb 14 5 section.These were great boilers.Not made anymore but have a couple that I can still install.Big heavy boiler that not to many people wanted to install because not a package and they are a killer.

Comments

• zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    you are right

I installed one of these. A real "MONSTER" to get into a basement. I liked it because it doesn't move when you MUCKEL on it w/ a 2' pipe wrench.
  • Bob Flanagan
    Bob Flanagan Member Posts: 3
    Options
    BB-14

Joe:

I knew you were and are a big fan of this boiler. Unfortunately, in the days of the ever shrinking boiler, Munchkins et al..the BB-14 had outgrown its day. We were terribly dissappointed to have to discontinue the production of this great boiler, however, sales just did not support it any longer.

It was great to see your post. I hope all is well with you and your family. Have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year!!

Bob Flanagan
    National Sales Manager
    Smith Cast Iron Boilers
  • Joe Grosso
    Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Hey Bob

Hope you and your family have a great Xmas and New Year.I am sad to see my favorite boiler go.Guess I have to change with the times.When are you coming out with 7 or 8 section 8 series.Could have used them on the last to jobs I just gave contracts to for new units.
  • B. Tice
    B. Tice Member Posts: 206
    Options

Joe, we have quite a few BB's around here. I like them too. The only thing I did'nt like was the clean out deal, but that went for all Smiths up to recently. Kudos to Smith for tweaking the clean outs until everybody liked it. I use Series 8 for steam.
This discussion has been closed.