Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Panel Radiators

Any one have any experience with Buderus Radiators and their water diverters that attach to the bottom of the raditator? How well did their TRV work for you?

What did you think of their product after it was all said and done?

Holiday Cheers from the West

Frog

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    ribit

We like them and use them more than we do baseboard.

The TRV's make for a real nice zoning for each room.

Jump in the water is fine. We have never had a problem.

This one dos'nt have the TRVs but we added them after the picture was taken. We used constant circulation and TRV's for each room.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,662
    Buderus Rads

We've installed many of the Solidoflux radiators. Great product at reasonable cost. We usually pipe them these days using Wirsbo Multicor PEX-Al-PEX pipe on constant circulation with outdoor reset. I don't use the diverter valve because we either home run the radiators to a central manifold, or use reverse-return piping. We always install a TRV to make the system easy to balance, and provide the homeowner with the convenience of a "thermostat at every rad".

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Ditto

To what Scott and Paul said. We've used tons of panel rads, Buderus included. The Buderus rads are excellent quality, nice TRV and provide very comfortable, constant heat when installed on an outdoor reset type system. Tip, if you can oversize them (budget&space constraints) you can run lower water temps allowing your boiler to run cooler and at max efficiency. Most of our systems are set up on a home run piping arrangement back to a common manifold. Works great, no balancing problems at all. We recently did a small house on a single supply/reverse return piping system and that went really good also.

Try 'em you'll like 'em.
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Me four:)

I've been very pleased with the rads.I have installed them with the Oventrop TRV's.Also usea central manifold and not the diverter fitting.

cheese
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    reverse return + trvs?

> Most of our systems

> are set up on a home run piping arrangement back

> to a common manifold. Works great, no balancing

> problems at all. We recently did a small house on

> a single supply/reverse return piping system and

> that went really good also.

Did the reverse return install have TRVs on each rad? If so, what was the benefit to reverse return? Wouldn't the TRVs take care of balancing and let you do direct return?

Mark
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Wow

what a gorgeous installations!!! As a wholesaler how can I influence my contractors to start using these babies. We sell a ton of Runtal as well as cast iron and copper fin but no panel radiators.
This discussion has been closed.