Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

60,000 sq. ft. radiant floor

Options
Michael B
Michael B Member Posts: 179
I am going to see a customer manyana who is planning to install tubing in a 60,000 sq. ft. garage. I will be recommending 3/4" tubing with at least 400 ft. lengths. I will also bring up a "mini-tube" injection system to mix for remote manifolds. Am I missing something? The application is pretty straightforward but if you guys have any input it would be much appreciated.

Michael Bleier
Able Distributors
"The supplier that works with you "

Comments

• Wethead7
    Wethead7 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Large floor

Sounds like you have a plan that should work. I might increase the lay out to five hundred feet. But without the finer details I am shotting in the dark

Mike
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    For shop spaces

you may be able to push 600 foot 3/4" loops. Possibly 15 -18" oc run the carefully.

I recently completed a shop that required 15" oc. I chose to tie the tube 12" then 18" then 12". I still averaged the 15" oc and used all the required tube, but it allowed me to always tie onto a perpendicular wire on the remesh. Holding stiff 3/4" tube "between the squares" can be real tricky, if you catch my drift. It generally slips one way or another, unless you really chinch down on the ties! :)

How far is too far for commerical spacing? Check this link.

http://www.pmmag.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,2379,19951,00.html

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    Large Projects

with large wide open spaces that is going to be one zone, you can forgo the tubing in dead middle of the warehouse.

Very low heat loss.

And I agrre with the others, longer loop lengths, higher temp drops say around 30 degrees.

Just a few other ideas
    Dave H
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    Thanks

for the advice and attatchments. I was shooting from the hip on the loop lengths (I will do the calc's this morning) but as they say in Chicago "It's all good".
This discussion has been closed.