Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Boiler Replacement

Options
Tim_6
Tim_6 Member Posts: 4
After close to 30 years, my Weil Mclain steam boiler developed a crack and will need to be replaced. I previously installed a Riello burner, so I am only after the boiler and tankless coil unit.

I would appreciate a recommendation on manufacturers and makes/models. Ideas as to a reasonable price for the unit and installation would also be a great help.

Thanks.

Tim

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    new boiler

why not get another wiel mclain the last one lasted 30 yrs go to find a contractor see if there is somebody close to you whos listed cannot give a ball park figure without looking at job

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    I'd go with the Burnham V-8 series..............................

my friend...nice solid oil-fired boiler....very compatible with that "Caddylac" of oil burners (Riello). Second choice would be a Peerless, Third Weil-McLain. Prices will really vary depending on where you are located and how good of a job you want. In our neck of the woods, we would get anywhere from $4,500.00 to $5,000.00 for something like that. We do a better job than everyone in the area, and thus, charge for it. However, there are companies doing them for $3,000.00 and less...AND IT SHOWS. I'm sure it is the same in your area...Some sage advice: go to find a contractor in your area, get your references, and pick the guy who is most knowledgable about steam, that is the key. The enclosed photos show what most steam jobs look like, and what a quAlity installation should look like. Photo 1: optimal. Photo 2: typical.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.