Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

noisy fhw system

Options
G.K.
G.K. Member Posts: 4
I installed a 2 zone fhw complete system about 10 years ago. Suddenly it is very noisy (air) and I have purged several times to no avail. I want to install a spirovent,however it is a Weil McLain GV3 (which has a built in bypass) and I am not sure where the proper placement of the spirovent is. HELP?

Comments

• ta finnegan
    ta finnegan Member Posts: 121
    Options
    questions

Did you pump away?

I usually place the air elimination above the diaphram tank before the suction side of the primary circulator.

B&G makes what they call a heating module, they have alot of info on it. Dan's book is great too.

Velocity noise is a different matter though. Zoning with circulators can fix that.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    the

Spirovent should be on the "secondary" loop piping per W/M drawing. You have the 1" loop off the boiler going to closely spaced T's usually upsized there for the required load flow. In the direction of flow the Spiro comes first, w/ feeder and extrol hanging off the bottom. Zone take-off's come next. This is a GV-6 w/ a TR80 indirect, a 10 ton hydro-air handler, and a small Modine heater for the loading area. It's installed in a chocolate factory.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Taylor
    Taylor Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Noise in electric heating system

I am just a lay person, living in an apartment in New York. It has a baseboard heating system with copper pipes.
    When the weather gets really cold, usually 3 am and on until mid-morning, the pipes make a very loud hum and vibrate so that the whole floor shakes.
    I have complained to the landlord, but to no avail.
    It is a new building, and the boiler was working fine, and quietly, all of last winter.
    Also, there have been successive days of no heat, so I wonder if the boiler is defective or needs adjustments or what??
  • G.K.
    G.K. Member Posts: 4
    Options

I did not pump away because the circulator on this boiler is connected to a built in mixing valve inside the boiler jacket. Wm states in the manual not to move the circulator so pumping away as I always do is not physically possible. There is only one pump as I used 2 zone valves to zone with.
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Taylor,

you will get better response to your question if you hit "New Thread" and state your problem.
This discussion has been closed.