Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

-36 and still dropping

Options
Just got in from service call trusty digital in office says -36 here in the Adirondacks. Nothing like the schrunching noise of the snow when you walk at this temp. Gotta love it - too cold to do anything else. Better get some sleep sure it will be busy again in few hours.

Comments

• Pat Clark
    Pat Clark Member Posts: 187
    Options

26* here tonite, calling for possible rain tomorrow. You gotta love Alaska. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it will change. Global warming is driving me nuts. Wishing for a 3 week or more of -20 to -30, now thats comfy. Sittin here in shorts & T-shirt (my normal winter and summer outfit the last 10 years) watchin the weird weather in the rest of the country.

Used to say I would need to move north to get comfy, now thinking I might need to move south.

How bout them Tampa Bay Bucs?

Pat

Anchorage, Alaska (the future Banana belt)
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    It really is wierd

Yesterday it was -26* at 5:40am when the phone rang the first time. Right now it's 8 above and they predict temps around 30 with freezing rain today. Nearly a 60 degree swing in a little over 24 hours. Time to break out the Carhartt work shorts and start working on my tan!

On top of all the service calls we're installing a boiler system in a factory that was built 4 years ago. They never put any heat in it because the heat from their big injection molding machines kept the place warm. One building is 80x200 with a 25 ft ceiling. It has 7 machines in it that weigh approx. 65 tons apiece. Talk about thermal mass......... Now they are so slow only a one of them is running and the place is freezing. It was 37* inside yesterday and they are screaming.......loud! I really don't feel too much sympathy for them though. They knew this day would come.
    Putting up a building like that with no heat in it up here in Michigan is not smart.
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Hey,

I thought the line about wait 5 minutes and the weather will change was a Chicago thing :)

Got up to 30º today with a mix of snow and sleet (2")/ This after two days of single digit weather.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    18 degs 2 days ago,

65 today. My body doth protethteth, and my sinuthes are not amuthed. I'm thneethning like a mother. Changing temp's rule!!

What on earth will manana bring?

Brian, in what is supposed to be sub-tropical Louisiana.
  • tombig
    tombig Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Wait 5 mins.

Glenn, I believe the wait 5 minutes line was first spoke about San Francisco. Us Chi-towners just adopted it 'couse it fit. I've welcomed this cold spell. It's about time we've seen some kind of frost line around here. Maybe It'll kill off some of these Luisiana type bugs (sorry,Brian) we've been getting. Good for the business too.
This discussion has been closed.