Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Propress

Options
Chris_12
Chris_12 Member Posts: 9
Looking to step above the local plain vanilla heating companies.

Ridgid Propress looks like it is substantial. Would like any and all feedback.

Chris

Comments

• Wethead7
    Wethead7 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Propress

Quick, fast, liquid dripping and it works.
    The bad news is the parts are pricey. But
    when you have no choice but to do it. The propress
    let the work happen. The other bad part is no valves.

• Boonierat
    Boonierat Member Posts: 58
    Options
    ProPress

One of my clients had to buy one from us for a job he had. He hadn't planned on it and the 'no-brazing' part of his contract forced him into it. In the front end I'm sure he was not pleased about the extra expense. Now that he's used it he tells me that he plans to use it at every opportunity he can. He says the labor savings is incredible and coupled with not worrying about an open flame, makes going back to 'open-flame' soldering a thing of the past. Propress will probably never take over the soldering marketplace but from the feedback I get from our clients they are very, very pleased with the Ridgid Propress. I'm not a wagering man but I'd place a coin or two that other manufacturers will jump into this market-place real soon. Down-side if you can call it that, is that he (and others) tell me that they've had to pay extra attention to hangers and bracketts. Equipement and piping support really becomes an issue.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
    Options
    One possible

weak link would be the dependence on the o-ring seal. Seems like a small contact area. Hopefully the rings are made of a material that will handle conditions encountered inside a hydronic system, temperature,ph, glycol, etc.

As long as the rings are not made by a rubber company that tweaks the formula (entran 2) :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.