Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pool Room radiant

Options
Bob Bona_4
Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
at a job today, indoor poolroom, the pool is kinda heart shaped, about 30X18X8. Tough to measure that room! Anyway, I'm advising that the existing slab be pulled and a pour with tube be installed. They are replacing the coping around the pool anyway, and some of the floor is up as it is.

I imagine running edge insulation around the pool shell, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the pool being a huge heat sink? Or with the pool water heated to say, 72 degrees or more, it cancels out? Or is this a non-issue entirely?

Radiant work sure tests the imagination!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=167&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Paul_6
    Paul_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Actually it should

work out well, both the pool water and the floor surface temp should wind up about 82. just remember you still need to heat the air in the space to about 2 degrees above the water temp to control condensation and evaporation. the radiant slab can do the bulk of the work for room heat loss, and a small erv with a reheat coil can bring up the air temp. hope this helps, Paul
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No problem

Radiant heat in pool deck is a natural! It keeps the pool area warm and evaporates standing water around the pool. Be sure and slope the deck away from the pool. Deck drains are a good idea. We use the ones from Bud Stegemeier. Use the insultarp and don't worry about the pool shell/edge. Make sure they are using a pool cover to control evaporation and you can boost that water temperature to about 89 and it will feel really nice. Check with the pool cover guy, they usually anchor the track to the deck with plastic anchors drilled about 2 inches into deck.
  • Chris Maderia
    Chris Maderia Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Just Finished

up an indoor pool.
    Your radiant should not be used as your primary heat source. I take it the pool is heated and that alone will probably take care of the room. I would look at this as slab conditioning with a set point control with the sensor in the slab. Any hedumidification system that use (this is a must or your customer will need some umbrellas) will suppy you supplemental btu's. I used a Dehumidifier DCA 2000. This gave me 45,000 btus's and it's also A/C ready if down the road they want to add it. Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.