Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BACK BOILER PROBLEM

Options
I have a 'back boiler' within my chimney breast.
I had to turn the water mains off the other day (which I have done before with no problems) as soon as I reconnected the water after doing no work the cold water is flowing fine but the hot water is fine for a few seconds but then dribbles.

Please help as I do not know what to do

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Damien

I don't know what to do either, I've never heard of a Back boiler ( back breaking boiler yes ) or a chimney breast.

How about some more info ?

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Noel Kelly
    Noel Kelly Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I remember those.

I would venture a guess that you are from the other side of the Atlantic Damien.I have yet to come across a back boiler over here. I would also venture a guess that yours is a plumbing problem - you have an obstruction in the hot side in which the pressure builds when faucet (tap) is closed. Will run fine when first opened but slows due to restriction. Call a plumber!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    He's from

the UK.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Gary Usa_2
    Gary Usa_2 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    back boilers

hiya i am from the uk and living here in the usa,i was a corgi ,oftec registered plumber their,what type of back boiler was it a baxi 551 the ones with the spreaders into the return on the heating side,is it still on gravity on the heating side and onto a cylinder,or is it fully pumped

please let me know what type and the system set up is and i can help you all i can

all the best

gary usa
This discussion has been closed.