Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RO Water

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
RO?
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    RO Systems

Since nature insists on equalizing itself, well in most cases, what about an RO system?

When we drink the water from an RO do the minerals in our bodies absorb into the RO water?

Do we then deplete ourselves of certain minerals by drinking RO water?

I dunno!! Just a thought.

I have an inquisitive mind!

:-) Kca
    :-) Ken
  • JimGPE_3
    JimGPE_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options

Reverse osmosis.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Thanks

I needed that!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Art Pittaway
    Art Pittaway Member Posts: 230
    Options
    Minerals

are removed from the water. So, it's still water, without the debris. My Dad's doctor told him, as he was setting the appointment to have kidney stones removed, that he should drink distilled water or he would be back for another cleaning. He bought a distiller, and one for me later, and we don't have kidney stones. That was about 20 years ago, before RO got popular. Chance? Water tastes fine, makes good coffee.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    I wonder

how much you really want to strip from water. Seems if the bacteria and any objectionable taste and oder is removed, that should be good enough. You need some "body" to give the water some taste.

RO strips so much from the water it starts to become aggressive. Generally RO water can only be handled with plastics, as it will attack copper. That makes me a little nervous!

Personally I feel RO's get over sold like softners as a fix all system. RO's are water intensive also. Isn't it something like 3 gallons down the drain for every one gallon produced at the tap?

I have had bottled water (RO filtered) in my truck down to the mid teens without it freezing! That's a little weird.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.