Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

internal mix pump-Burnham

Options
and Burnham EC5000 outdoor reset. When water temp satisfies EC5000 min boiler setting it turns off Burnham Revolution boiler and uses system pump to satisfy call for heat. O.K. so far so good. However revolution boiler has internal bypass/mixing pump which then cuts off. This doesn't seem right. I'm thinking of adding a relay turned on by system pump to keep mixing pump on when this condition arises. Any ideas?

Comments

• marc
    marc Member Posts: 203
    Options
    barry

i have installed lots of revs, try interrupting flame rollout switch. this will only stop gas, the call for heat remains, so boiler circulator continues to run.) this was recommended by burnham when the rev. first came out. we use tekmar controls, you need call for heat to go to tt on boiler, use boiler contacts on ec5000 to make or break flame rollout switch. hope this helps. marc
  • Barry

What you are trying to do can be very simply accomplished by just connecting the boiler terminals on the EC5000 to the two black wires we provide or TT on the L8148E control. You are trying to establish a system high limit with the supply sensor that comes with the EC5000. When you reach that limit, you will want to interupt both the gas train and variable speed pump, otherwise you may exceed the system supply temperature you are trying to make at any given time.

Wiring into the flame rollout switch is a method we advise using if you have a system device that does not want to exceed a certain high end temperature such as air handlers or indirect heaters. We maintain a high limit of approximately 210°F within the boiler to achieve what we are doing with the bypass injection system that comes with the boiler. Some devices don't want to see anything hotter than 180°F. For this reason we advise on creating a system limit utilizing an immersion or strap-on aquastat on the supply main wired in series with the blue wires connecting the flame rollout switch. This will interrupt the gas train but keep the variable speed pump working. This method however is only used when trying to create a system limit. Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Corp.
  • Barry Clever_2
    Barry Clever_2 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    thanks Mark

I used flame rollout to Ec5000 min boiler and rev tsat to relay call for heat. I guess I couldn't see forest for trees.
This discussion has been closed.