Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wirsbo duo mix

Options
kevin
kevin Member Posts: 420
I have a radiant staple up out there whee I used a Wirsbo duomix 501 control to adjust /regulate the 2 temps. I cannot get the two injection pumps to stay on and bring the water temps to the target temp. the pumps ramp up and down fairly quickly and are left at a 111F to 125F temp where the target temp should be in the 160f area. any clues? kpc

Comments

• Jamie Pompetti
    Jamie Pompetti Member Posts: 82
    Options

Do you have a picture of the job so we can see how it is piped, valved, sensor locations?
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Duomix

If you are talking about the duomix 212 formerly known as 201 the control can be programed to either set point or reset control. If you have selected reset the control wil only ramp up to the reset temp not the design or max temp selected. Please supply more info to assist us in helping you.
    John
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Just had a problem

that sounds similar, with a Tekmar 361 control. Added it to an existing system. Found it not bring temp up to target. The reason was that the boiler return was too cool and it was shutting the injection circs back to protect the boiler. Made some changes and watched it take off. The boiler had it's own outdoor re-set and it's own protection against low return water so I switched off the return temp protection on my Tek mar control. Working OK now. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin
    Options
    injection

Yes, I relize that in reset it will not ramp up to the design temp. which is 160F at 0F. It should however go to the target temp. of 140F @ 15F.... It would n't, the pumps shut on and off and won't get to the target 140. it just hovers between 108- 121 or so.
  • kevin
    Options
    wayne...

this is a new system...however today as I watched this thing the temp did start to rise only to lose all it gains when the boiler protection built into the control kicked in....can I override that? kpc
  • kevin
    Options
    no pics...

but it is piped primary/ secondary , 5" between 1/2" injection loops ,drops down 6"ball valve on each. oo7 on one,Of sets then goes into supply loops,sensor is placed well afterhook in ,after spiroventonto piping going to manifold approx 18"....kpc
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    My Tek Mar control

had the option of return boiler sensor or supply boiler sensor. I switched to the supply sensor setting so it would call for more heat rather than slow down the injection pumps to protect the boiler. There is also a menu to set the minimun temp allowed down in caswe you have a condensing boiler. I have a Buderus boiler with a logomatic control that has it's own built in protection for cool water return so I don't have to use this part of the Tekmar control. Hope this helps. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Is the whole house radiant or do you also have some other kind of heat emission?
  • kevin
    Options
    there are 3...

other hi temp zones 2 HWBB and 1 for the indirect.
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Injection

What type of valve do you have on the return injection riser? Is the flow overundershooting rapidly because of not being throttled down?

PR
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Just had the same problem on one of my jobs! When the main house came on it starved the system of hot water. (Even though it was piped primary / secondary) I ended up having to put a control on the supply secondary riser that turned the pump of (only the system pump not the primary loop pump) if the supply water dropped below 140 degrees.

Jamie
  • kevin
    Options
    Well thanks....

all for your input! Wayne! You are the man! I turned the boiler return minimum all the way down to 100 degrees and it started to climb up...(however, the boiler is a Buderus 215-4 a bit more shock resistant that the avg. CI boiler)There is a good sized zone of baseboard in the 3 car garage (20,000+ btu) kept at 46F. When that kicks on 46* water will bring down the temp fast,ouch. It is piped pri/sec w/ an 1.5" main. What do you think? Too low? Should I repipe it better? I have a wirsbo rep comming out to check it out inthe AM... kevin
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Glad

I had something to help. I sounds like you are not piped in the primary secomdary arrangement. If not it would help. You could use a Danfoss boiler bypass valve to protect the boiler from cool returns. My brother's Buderus has the logomatic control that will shut off all circs and heat up the boiler if it senses too cool return. Makes life easy. Good luck WW

This discussion has been closed.