Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ONE GAS LEAK AND YOU CAN BLOW UP

Options
Steve Ebels
Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
These jokers are with all the oil horror stories or what they are trying to prove but they are ticking me off. I sell neither gas nor oil so I have no vested interest in either. I install and service heating equipment of all kinds, natural gas, propane gas, fuel oil and even wood. Boilers, furnaces, water heaters, makeup air units, rooftops. If it burns something and makes heat I work on it.

What frosts me over more than anything is a customer who:

A. thinks he knows it all

B. Doesn't

C. Won't take my advice because he thinks I'm just trying to sell him a nice big bill of goods.

I don't want to come across as rude or arrogant in any way but!!!!!! Does it really make any sense to assume that a 40 year old oil tank might not be ready for the trash heap? Or that old gas line buried under the floor for who knows how long might need to be pulled up and replaced?
Or that old boiler/furnace won't break down in the middle of a good cold snap when it's under a good hard load?

NO! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!!!

People, and I mean contractors as well as home opwners, You have to use the brain that God gave you. Think about the fact that stuff just wears out. Period. It doesn't last forever.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Sorry, just venting some stuff that needs to be said
This discussion has been closed.