Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

recirc/PEX

Options
I know that this subject has been broached here before I wanted to modify it. Pex on recirculating lines w/ pumps is a no no. Right? how about in a non pump situation. AKA a gravity recirc line? I ran across a situation like this today it was in a hotel. They used 3/4"polybutylene for about 100'. They liked the way it worked I was just wondering if they had a problem lurking....or if it is a good way to go...kpc

Comments

• Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    Options
    what were the reasons for not ....

using pex on a recirc. with a pump?
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Vanguard

Used to say it was a no no. Now I think they've changed their tune. I don't believe Wirsbo ever said it was a no no. Kevin
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    AquaPex

AquaPex, or non-barrier Pex certified for potable water can be used for DHW recirc lines. No Problemo.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Recirc

Vanguard states in their installation instructions for potable non-barrier tube that it is not suitable for recirculation pumps. (Being a Wirsbo distributor), I wanted to know why and Wirsbo stated that is was due to the combination of Chlorine and temperature that it was not equal to Wirsbo's Aquapex.

Film at Eleven,

PR
This discussion has been closed.