Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

advice on manual staple gun

Options
Royboy2
Royboy2 Member Posts: 16
for a manual PEX staple gun. I have a top of the subfloor job and staples seem the logical (only) way to go. I'm happy to use a manual one given the frequency that I expect to need this tool.

Any tips on brand or sources to pursue (or avoid?).

Thanks, Royboy

Comments

• kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Stapler

I haven't heard of any manual stapler that will work on wood. My manual stapler from Wirsbo is for foam insulation only with plastic staples. I looked all over before I shelled out the big bucks for my pneumatic gun to do the staple up and staple down stuff. As far as I know, they are a special crown width staple, ans a special nose piece on the gun to avoid stapling the tubing accidentally. I don't think you can get around it. You could use some sort of hammer-in or screw down type staple or clamp if you're real ambitious and find something suitable. Kevin
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    good stapler

i like mine from peter magone co. it's a hand operated one.it uses R B 5 clips. their ph. # is 1-800-338-2448
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Rick Kelly
    Rick Kelly Member Posts: 40
    Options
    hand stapler

Watts is marketing their version of the Mangone stapler. Works good if you think four or five pumps per staple is good.
  • Royboy2
    Options
    the one I've found

on the net at CPI (Consolidated Plumbing Industries) looks like the picture below and apparently shoots 1/2" or 3/4" staples. $40. Is this what Magone or Watts is selling?

Thanks - Roy
  • Royboy2
    Options
    the one I've found

on the net is from CPI (Consolidated Plumbing Industries) for $40. Apparently shoots 1/2" or 3/4" staples. Is this what Mangone or Watts is selling?

4-5 pumps per staple sounds kinda tedious, though ...

Roy
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Stapler

I have a Wirsbo pneumatic stapler that works great for staple down.I recently bought a Watts brand manual stapler to try on Aquapex and mine at least was apiece of junk.
    John
  • Tim
    Tim Member Posts: 5
    Options

I believe Home Depot sells the Mangone stapler. I think it was around 30 -40 dollars.
This discussion has been closed.