Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

monoflow system problem

Options
Joe Grosso
Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
Have a customer that has a monoflow system that mpost of the house is not getting any heat.Here is what happened.This summer had a GC doing work in the home and put a hole in one of the heating lines.Drained system repaired hole and filled and bleed system.PS you know what happened got the call yesterday most of upstairs is not heating.Went there and checked all radiator and had water out of all the bleeders.Older job pump on the return I know I have a air pocket giving me trouble but what is the best way to solve this problem.Been awhile since one of these all new jobs pumping away with spirovent no problems.

Comments

• Bob C.
    Bob C. Member Posts: 20
    Options
    there's no best way

I deal with a lot of monoflow systems when remodling. I cut in a purge set up on return- as the water flows back to the boiler - draw off, ballvalve then circ. I'm sure you know this. Bleed it with circ off; but this only gets the air out of the main. Your then going to have to bleed the radiators individually with the circ off. This is the only systematic way that works for me: main first then radiators. Keep the pressure in the system up around 20 -25 psi.

I'm not a big fan of them but taco has those automatic coin vents, they work well on start up but like most air eliminators they get crusted up an fail to operate.

good luck,

Bob Cat
  • RC
    RC Member Posts: 35
    Options
    mono-flo system

I would re-arrange the piping with inline air separator& expansion tank set-up, and have the circ pump pumping away from the expansion tank. Really helps for air problems on mono-flo systems
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Try this...

first off, you can't bleed air with the pumps running. Shut them off and try the high point manual bleed thing again.

Next, mix up about a gallon of system water with 2 fluid ounces of dish detergent, and inject that back into the system. I had a bubble in my own system that I had been trying to get rid of for close to three years, and I did this and it worked.

Let us know hot it works.

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.