Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question for Glenn Stanton

Options
chuck shaw
chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
Glenn,

A friend of mine,(electrican) wired a Revolution boiler. The system circulator(not internal to the boiler), that gets wired to the "yellow and white" in the junction box, runs constantly. Is this normal? The installation was done with Taco 570 zone valves, and does not include a zone control panel. The heating contractor (local lowball expert) gave him a Honeywell 845 relay and told him to use that to shut off the circulator, except on a call for heat. The circulator is basicly pumping against closed zones? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chuck Shaw

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=143&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Yes

I have heard and seen this several times in the past. I would suspect that the yellow wire is probably connected to the incoming hot (black wire). Probably in the junction box. I am in Plymouth this evening and in Hyannis tomorrow night. If you or he needs some help with this one, feel free to call my Office Phone at (401) 789-1899 and leave a message or e-mail me at the address above. I will be checking my e-mail Thursday morning and evening. I will be heading through your area on my way back through on Friday (snow or not) and will be glad to lend a hand if needed. Hope this helps.

Glenn
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    thanks glenn

Glenn,

thanks for your time in answering this. I have sent you an e-mail with futher information

Chuck Shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Hey Chuck!

As of this moment in time, I have not heard anything from your buddy the electrician. Was he able to pinpoint the wiring problem OK? I will be heading out of Hyannis on my way back to RI early in the morning provided the snow stops by then. Let me know how he made out.

Glenn
This discussion has been closed.