Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

toilet troubles

Options
Caselli
Caselli Member Posts: 40
First, I would get a toilet auger and see if I can pull any obstruction from the discharge.
If not, the toilet may have a lime mineral buildup.
you can try to use acid to clean it out.
I wouldn't fool with this unless you know enough about acid and wear gloves and eye protection.
White vinegar may do it. I would start with that. If it improves, you can repeat. It will stink. Open windows and operate ventilation.
If this sounds confusing, call the plumber. You could easily make things worse.

Some information is found at some other forums.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?threadid=87783&referrerid=0

Comments

• tony_11
    tony_11 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    toilet troubles

40 year od toilet flushes ok with water. Solid waste needs help from plunger to get it down usually 2 plunges does it.Put my hand in bottom hole yuuch and at the end of my hands lenght the china stopped and something that feel like cement could be felt. Is this normal? I don't think there is a mechanical obstruction maybe this stuff. What to do? tired of cleaning up floods from kids or people who not know they need to plunge after pooping.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,535
    Options
    Please

contact a professional. The plumber protects the health of the nation.
    Retired and loving it.
  • jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Options

need to clean the holes under rim so water swrils to help the flush
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    have your plumber

replace the water closet and end your problems.
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    gerry's right oma

change the toilet and you'll save a lot of water. call a plumber because we know which low flush toilets work. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    40 year old???

that sucker is paid for... put in a pressure assist and all your trouble will be power flushed away!!!
    It's the ONLY way to go!!!! Don't piss with the 1.6 reg. flush toilets their nothing but more TROUBLE!!!!!!!!

Floyd
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Well, now

We all have different opinions, don't we?

I've had a lot of problems with American Standard toilets that just swirl away with no siphon action and nothing seems to make them work again like they used to. I've gotten to the point where I tell the owner to just get a new Toto toilet with the G-Max flushing system; not all their models have G-Max and it seems to be the best.

However, I don't like to dump a toilet if I can still save it. Check to make sure that the tank is full; you might have to make some adjustments.

Good luck.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.