Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pier at Groom Lake

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,189
you wanna go for a little float trip on a Raft?
maybe you can save me too?
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• The Pier!!!

Whew what a mess!!!

I visited today, I think I will be staying away.

The continued charcter assassination and non-technical debate is asinine.

I find myself as a Born-again Christian and an ordained Pentecostal minister ashamed of the behavoir of some who claim to follow the teachings of Jesus. They believe they are called to be preaching to those who visit internet sites about how to be saved and have their sins forgiven. I could preach you volumes on that subject believe me. I do not find it proper to do that in this forum however. It is to me more important to let my light so shine before men that they may see my good works and glorify my Father which is in heaven. Do not misunderstand me I am not ashamed of Christ or my testimony and will share with anyone who is interested in listening in the privacy of e-mail, by phone, in person, in your church or anywhere I am invited to do so.
    This is not the PLACE TO DO THAT. I think you can turn more people off than you ever turn on. The Bible teaches us that "He that winneth souls is wise". The so called preacher on the "Pier at Groom Lake and the athiest arguing about Chritianity is not my cup of tea. I refuse to argue about my Saviour he does not need me to defend Him, he asks me to live for Him and Love Him I find that a full time job I do not have time to argue religion or politics.

I feel bad because I have great respect for the guys from AREA51, I do not know what happened but please let us not ever let it happen here. Let us Love one another and be there to help each of us do a better job.

It is good to be passionate about our areas of expertise but let us always keep an open mind to learn.
  • leo g_27
    leo g_27 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    hey timmie

some people think that a hot climate is best to live in. some think that a cool climate is better. some say tomatoe, some say tahmatoe.

it is fine that you feel that frank should not be preaching his version of how christ has helped in his life, (and for frank, it was a literal life saver!), but do you really have to announce it to every one here at the wall?

the pier is a growing experiment, that has had a rocky start, but if it can reach even half of the ideal of groom, then there shall be another board for professionals to meet at. that to me is good.

yes the character assasinations are repititve, but you know that for every ounce of gold, you have to mine a ton of rubble. and bud is trying to find a way to keep it at a minimum.

like they say timmie, you have to crawl before you walk, so why don't you hold your opinion of the pier for a bit, and visit back in a while, who knows, it may or may not be there, but if it is, it may just be worthwile for you to take the time to dip your toes into the lake.

leo g
  • leo g_27
    leo g_27 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    ps timmie

why don't you post your concerns at the pier? you are very respected and hold some sway in the industry, maybe with your voice joined by the others who feel as you do, we can get this thing right from the start.

by the way, i enjoy franks preachings myself, because he is very passionate about how christ saved his life. me, i have taken a different route, but would never think of stopping someone from finding their way. besides, you can always ignore the stinking plumbers' crusade if you want too! (G)
  • I would post at the Lake but I do

not want to get into a debate about all of the people from this site and others that have been defamed by some today on that site. It is more of the same stuff that went on at AREA51. It does no good. By the way I did not mention any names and refuse to do so. I have been involved in the Lords work for over 40 years and I know from experience that there is a right way and a wrong way to be a witness for Christ. I also was saved from some terrible cirumstances and have a past which I am not very proud of. A witness for Christ must bring glory to him and not the individual. Some who are Born again need counseling and to be brought into subjection to a mentor who can help them to refine their witness and not attack people and use character assination. I do not have to defend Dan (who I have a lot of respect for) or anyone else on this or any other site they are more than capable of doing that themselves. I am also not one who worships heroes. Dan is a great guy but he like all of us has feet of clay. The kind of attacks against everyone and I myself have received private e-mails in the past threatening me. I never had any of that before I started to post on the internet. I have absolutely no respect for people who do that. I will never use names and really want to close this discussion for now. I felt it was necessary for me to post my feelings here today. I did not do that without a lot of thought and prayer. The Pier at Groom Lake will never be succesful with that kind of behavior going on.
    We all need to be reined in once in a while and be willing to suffer rebuke, and still remain as one who will continue to post and learn from our mistakes. I have been corrected on this site several times. It was however done with respect and that I really appreciate. One guy who e-mailed me called me a "Smart ****", there was an **** in the bible that God actually caused to speak to a prophet who was going in the wrong direction. So maybe some of us "Smart Asses" have something to say.
  • phil the drill
    phil the drill Member Posts: 7
    Options
    theres a time and place

for everything, right on Timmie ,and they all said AMEN!!!!
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Could be DELIVERANCE all over ag'in.............................

I'll bring the boy and arrow mad dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Patrick_6
    Patrick_6 Member Posts: 2
    Options

UUMM!!! I have not been here for a while and I know you miss a minute it could take you a year to regain, but what is all of this about??? Thought I was on the worng web site for a minute. I have never seen anyone here be disrespectful, not saying it hasnt happened, just I have never seen it. My opinion is that we all know and respect Dan, he has made a tremendous impact on all of us. Feel myself getting off topic so, what are you guys talking about???
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,535
    Options
    New ownership

No worries.

So, how about them heating systems? ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Patrick_6
    Patrick_6 Member Posts: 2
    Options

new ownership of......???? like I said I missed a little.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,535
    Options
    Dave, Steve and Tom

closed Area51hvac.com and Bud opened up a new site, which is what you see. He has gathered the group that used to post on Groom Lake.

So, how about them heating systems?
    Retired and loving it.
  • j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    what's the new web address for th? i can't seem to find it ...

any url's?
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    So how about

the Eagles at home on their radiant-heated field? Gotta like 'em. An all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl? Sounds like fun to me!
  • Frozen Field

in Foxboro all the radiant did not help. Being an old boy from southwestern PA I am still a Steeler fan (after the Patriots).

By the way John did you get everything you needed for CO article?
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Thanks Timmie

I'm working on it now, appreciate your input tremendously!
This discussion has been closed.