Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Velocity Noise or Witches' potion?

Help!
I've spent another sleepless night. My dog barks. My family wakes up.I'm a grouch. The water in my hot water system sounds like a boiling witches' potion. Is this water velocity? I've had our heating contractor/plumber check it out. He thought the water might be too hot and lowered the temperature. It didn't really help. What else can we do ourselves or suggest to him before we all have to pack up and move to Florida?

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Dear Sleepless

You have air in your pipes, more than likly.

Do you "here" gurgling and bubbyling ? Have your service man check the preasure and purge your system. If he can't fix it look for a contractor in your area in the Find a Contractor site on this website.

This should'nt be a big deal, certainly nothing you should "lose sleep over "

Good Luck

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    or

could it be kettling. Rice krispies inside the boiler?
  • could you post a picture

of the boiler and how the piping is mounted in its vicinity. this would help alot. i'd bet the pump is on the return pipe instead of the supply pipe. this alone has the potential for problems. a picture would really help us help you though.
This discussion has been closed.