Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressuretrol Location?

Options
Joe_5
Joe_5 Member Posts: 19
Does the location of a steam boiler's pressuretrol matter? Can it be taken off of the top unused fitting on a #67? That's a "dry" location, so I'm thinking it's OK. The job in question uses a pigtail. Thanks for your input. Joe

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    That's a common location

but I think it will last longer if it's on top of the boiler. Lots of action and dirt in that float chamber. That's why it needs to be blown down weekly.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tom M._2
    Tom M._2 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Steam Boiler Install GOOF!

I am somewhat embarrassed to be posting this message after all I have read from Dan's books.Be that as it may, last week I installed a new boiler. This week the customer has complained about the house heating unevenly. Unfortunately I wasn't the one to tour the home to look at the system prior to install and was informed by the man who did, that I needed to set the new boiler aon a 16" base so that the water line would accomodate the system. On my return visit to troubleshoot our customers complaints, my heart dropped as a approached a remote corner of the basement where the end of the steam main was. It turns out that the 16" base brought the water line about 8" below what was (with old boiler)a wet return. The drip legs are now dripping into a DRY RETURN! (I have attatched a crude drawing of what the situation looks like.)Ideally I would like to drop that return down below the new water line but that would involve drilling thru three concrete partitions and going under an enclosed stair case(OUCH!) So after a longwinded explanation of my problem I come to the question I have. Could I drop the drip legs down to the floor and come back up and tie into the now dry return, creating the water seal? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Tom M.
  • Tom M._2
    Tom M._2 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Sorry Joe . I posted this in the wrong place!
This discussion has been closed.