Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taken for granted

Options
mp1969
mp1969 Member Posts: 226
Peers,
All to often our profession is taken for granted not only by outsiders but by ourselves. We must periodically remind ourselves that we our involved in one of the noblest and important professions on earth. Water is truly the single most important resource that exists!
Whether working with it for consumption,waste removal or ultimate comfort makes no difference.The way we handle it,contain it,direct it,alter it and use it with respect is simply amazing.
Many of us grew up with this resource and had great mentors to guide us. Others jumped at the opportunity to work efficiently with this natural wonder. All are to be applauded.
The past decade has witnessed countless attempts to receive proper compensation for our very important work.
Many modified or supposively new ideas have surfaced to present ourselves in ways to get both more respect and monetary rewards. This I believe takes care of itself if you are competant,willing to continually learn, and truly love this industry.
The rewards come in more ways than just money, there is great personal satisfaction in putting together and maintaining plumbing and wet heating puzzles! I and I am sure many others are proud to be part of this industry!
With the fall rush in full gear and limited time to communcate with my two finger typing technique I would like to say thanks! I am extremely thankful for this site where we can exchange ideas ,our experiences and periodically debate. The creator of this site is blessed with foresight and intelligence. The participants are truly professionals and I value this(as we all should).
A very Happy Thanksgiving to those who all to often are taken for granted!

MP 1969

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=250&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    And a

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Rich. Thanks for the good vibes and well-chosen words!
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    The key ..

I feel the key to keeping this alive ...is to show the younger people in the industry where we came from , and where we're going . More importantly , show them that they CAN love their job !(I know that's why I'm here) The monitary rewards will come if they show the drive to "do it right".

I would also like to thank Dan for giving us this forum . It has spawned a tool for the people who know how to use it .

Now ... ON TO WETSTOCK ! See everyone for breakfast . Chris
  • Tom Hagerty
    Tom Hagerty Member Posts: 1
    Options
    water and oil

First of all, I'd like to thank all the contributors here who help me with my rookie questions. Having built radiant into my dome home, I am happy to have a resource such as this to come to. Now, how many of you have heard of the theory of a man named Kunkel? I believe it is a rational explanation, and if it is true, it should make you all even more proud of your profession. Check the link out to see what I mean.

www.thepump.org

Happy Holidays!
  • Jim Walls_2
    Jim Walls_2 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Well said , Rich
    I too , owe a debt of gratitude to Dan , for his hard work & dedication to this industry has had a profound affect on my career . ( He has put almost as much money in my pocket as I have taken out to buy old books , tools , etc,,,,:-) )
    A huge thank you also,to all who post here with advice or questions which lead to my never ending amazement of how little I actually know !
This discussion has been closed.