Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vacuum Problem

Options
Vic P.
Vic P. Member Posts: 1
I am a service technician for SEARS HVAC, after the installers installed a new steam boiler we now have 2 radiators that will not heat. I have not been on the job but the tech that is handling it has called me for advice.He tells me that if he removes the radiator vents that air sucks into the system apparently due to vacuum. He says he cannot find the main vents ( where I believe may be some of the problems ). Also the mains are not insulated. He has re piped the near piping and the boiler is made by Dunkirk and has no top boiler tappings. The system has 1 supply tap from the boiler front. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks Vic P.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    is the boiler

the correct size for the radiation? is there a sag in the piping leading to these radiators? is the new boilers pressure the same as the old boiler?sounds like steams condensing before getting to the radiator.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    vacumm problem

might seem like a dumb question did you install a steam boiler or mistakenly installed a hot water boiled all the staem boilers i have seen have had a 2 or 2 1/2 taping off the top?
This discussion has been closed.