Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Indirect tank

Options
I am a contractor building my own home & am looking to do it right, so I have been looking around for all the best ways to do things. I have settled on a Viessmann Vitola 200 gas & would like some opinions on what brands of indirect hot water tanks you guys have had good luck with & what you prefer. I am looking at the Super Stor, WM gold series & someone suggested Boch which I am not that familiar with. I have somewhat ruled out the Viessmann VC92 only because of cost.
I have been on this site for a couple of months so far & you guys floor me with the knowledge & great looking jobs you do( I especially like the boiler job with the aluminum diamond plate mounting system-NOW you got me going)
Thanks in advance to any and all for your 2 cents
Steve

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Triangle Tube

makes the Phase III indirect which is also what the WM tank is.

The tank-in-tank design is is great for low pressure drop and the aqua-stat is simple and acurate.

Copy and paste this link!

http://www.triangletube.com/aresource_folder/

Good luck with your project!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Kevin Coppinger
    Kevin Coppinger Member Posts: 29
    Options

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Now that's a loaded question

I must say of all the brands I have used I have had the best luck with the Phase III also. Available from Weil with different jacketing. Some models can be used in a horizontal position also.

Most contractors will find the brands that work best in their area and have the best factory and rep support. Seems it varies from area to area.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Kevin Coppinger
    Kevin Coppinger Member Posts: 29
    Options
    What are...

your needs? Whirlpools? DaughterS that like 30 min. showers?# of baths? Compare literature(1st hr ratings),warranty,how long are you going to be there,etc.
    I like Superstor. Phase 3 is a great choice too. as well as the Crown mega stor/ Burnham Alliance.There are so many choices and options. Keep asking around..kpc
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    If you are using.............

a Vitola, the best option for you is the Vitocell. Either horizontal (my fav) or the vertical. When utilizing full boiler reset, which you will be doing, the recovery rates of the Vitocells at lower boiler temps is unmatched by anything else on the market. Don't cheat yourself by using a lower cost and lower performing tank when running a Vitola. Early on, I tried to do that and it cost me money and bad will to correct some situations because I was trying to lower initial investment costs. I won't do it again and I advise you not to try it.

Warm Regards,

hb

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jim f
    jim f Member Posts: 182
    Options

i also have had good luck with triangle tubes phase 3.
    they come in a virity of sizes. make sure the installer provides the appropriate pipe size to the heat exchanger
  • Steve Fabrizio
    Steve Fabrizio Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks for the responses guys-this is great. I have never heard of Triangle , but I will do some research & find out who carries them in my area(south of Boston near the cape).
    My demands for water are-a 6'jacuzzi w/heater built in, 3/4" Grohetherm shower valve with 4 body sprays a personal shower & a Grohe freehander shower head,so I was looking at the 70-92 gallon models. Myself, my wife & our 2yr old son are the only ones hear right now but who knows -maybe we'll be lucky(?) enough to have a daughter that takes 30 minute showers someday.
    Heatboy, I know what you are saying about the Verticell- I'm semi-partial to it also, but from your experience is it worth the extra $2000 for the Viessmann? I was told by the installer that he can take the #5 sensor from the Vitola & install it in any tank.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Yes, I do.

I have one for my own house. Although, I didn't pay list for it (g). If the 300 is too steep for you, try the 100. While it doesn't perform like the 300, it will out perform the Triangle Tube, Mega Stor etc. when using modulating boiler temperatures.

Warm Regards,

hb

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.