Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

REPIPE AN ENTIRE NEW JOB

Options
jim f
jim f Member Posts: 182
heres a job we finished a couple of months ago. i posted the pics. geres what has happened. the house was sold and the homeowner decided he wanted a seperate 100 gallon water heater just for the master suite. right now the house has an indirect phase 3 75 gallon. to do this the 2 twined boilers are not large enough. so what we proposed is to add a 3rd boiler and rip out the reverse return piping and repipe the entire mechanical room with a primary/secondary configuration with a 4 way injection system(never did one) and outdoor reset using tekmar controls. some thoughts i had for my boss was to make sure the chimney size could handle the 3rd boiler. also more combustion air needs to be added. and getting into the winter months how do we knock down the heat . my suggestion was to keep the boilers on-line as long as possible and pipe the primary loop in front of the boilers and tie them in when almost complete to reduce down time. sould be a fun job but i really hate demoing my work. any comments and/or suggestions greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
jim f.
milford, ct

Comments

• kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    What on earth...

could be in the master suite that would NEED a 100 gal. heater in addition to the existing 75 indirect.Sounds like a lot of money.....and you have to add a boiler to boot! Wow! is there another way? kpc
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Go Instant!

Under the circumstances, I would install a Takagi instantaneous water heater that can heat up to 9gpm. I can't imagine they'd need more than that!?
  • jim f
    Options
    money

money is not an issue with this homeowner.
    on top of it he is also considering removeing all
    6 airhandlers and condensers and going with carrier
    variable speed air handlers and hot water coils.
    the condensers will be replaced with carrier 14 seer
    410a puron units. this was a spec house at the beggining.
    i believe he spent approx 4 1/2 millon on the house
    and probably adding another 2 million in renovations on this
    brand new house.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    A better way awaits you!

Flat Plate has a brand spanking new "Hot Water Generator" that is being produced by the gurus of ZCP's - Danfoss for Flat Plate. Steve Wand of FP and Robert Bean of DF put their collective genius together on this design.

You tell them how many Btu's you'll be pumping and what delivery temp you want in the potable stream & they'll get you a matching model. Unending hot water!

Chances are, you've already got enough horsepower on site to match this customer's needs.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    Adam has it right (IMO) Brian.

Hi Jim,

Money may not be an issue, but there's no point in spending more than he needs to.

And this can be installed with almost no downtime.

I've sold & installed lots of these T-M1 Mobius's. To date, no complaints, only raves, and no reports of customers overpowering them.

The T-M1, a fully modulating 235,000btu tankless unit, can put out up to 9.6gpm continuously.

If you need one, please let me know.

Regards, Brian (Tankless) Wood.

(337) 430 4649 (Louisiana).
  • jim f
    Options

i just found out the main reson we were adding a seperate tank for the master suite because i believe all the shower system needs to have a 12 gpm. not a plumber and not familiar with to many high tech shower systems. but i belive this is the reason
This discussion has been closed.