Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Attention RBSHEAT

Options
Duncan_2
Duncan_2 Member Posts: 174
There was an email from you titled "So cool a flash, enjoy it" on my server this morning. I didn't open it, and dumped it from my server.

That's one of the headers the Klez worm virus uses.

Not your fault: MS email program passes it along - you got it from someone and it got email addresses from your mail program address book. You may want to get that taken care of, if it's what I think it is (Klez worm).

For some reason though, the file size was 200-some Kbytes instead of the usual 140-some Kb.

Comments

• Tony Conner
    Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Virus Defence?

I'm no computer wiz, but I use a suggestion from one of the geeks that does work at the insurance outfit my wife works for. He told them to prevent this kind of mailing to happen, put the first name on your email "contact list" as something all zeros. Like "0000 0 000". The mailing viruses grab your list, and usually start mailing from the top. The first contact they try to mail will get rejected as an invalid address, and the process will stop there. It won't stop you from getting the virus, but it WILL keep it from using your contacts to spread itself.

There it is, for what it's worth.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Duncan,Thank you

I run Norton and it tells me I'm clean. Also I checked my addresses and you weren't on it so I guess it can from someone else ,but with my name. Thank god I understand heat better than computers. John@Reliable
This discussion has been closed.