Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I lost my best friend today

Options
steve gates
steve gates Member Posts: 329
I lost my best friend today. Those of the praying kind would you pray for his family and mine. He was 87 going on 67. This kind of stuff really hurts and yet I'm thankful he's in heaven painfree.

Thanks,
Steve Gates
Cortez Co.

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options
    You have my word

Steve, I'm so sorry for your loss. I promise, your friend, his family and of course you and yours will be in my prayers this evening. My God be with you.

Respectfully,
    Alan R.Mercurio
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Will remeber all of you...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you....
    Continue to trust and you will recieve the strength that you need
    to get through this tough time!!!!

Floyd and Ann
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Lost?

Mentors and loved ones leave only in a physical sense. Their cherished contributions never leave. Their spiritual presence will amaze you and it rarely leaves if it is positive.
    I have lost both parents, a nephew last year @ age 21, (my godson)and countless others . Those who were mentors and made a positive effect on my life are constantly with me.
    The pain of the loss will gradually ease and you will realize that he probaly was teaching you as he left his physical presence here on earth.
    May God bless you and those in mourning!

MP 1969

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Options
    Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Just remember him and he will always be with you.

J
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    MY thoughts are with you.

You are a priviliged man to have had such a friend in your life. Many go thru this world never having the joy of such a relation ship.

Cherish those memories.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    He was blessed

to have had you for a friend, Steve. You'll meet again; you know that for certain.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Steve,

My family and I send our condolances. Death can be so shocking. It changes our emotional landscape like nothing else can. Don't be afraid to grieve. Have faith that everything happens for a reason. And then when your'e ready, Carry on, taking his memories with you. Sincerely, Wayco Wayne

• David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Lost big Jim

My heart is with you and his family, i just lost my best friend Big Jim he was 42, he was # 2 man in my truck, he was my helper for 8 yrs, he also drove the oil truck, told all about hunting good teacher bad student (me ) i miss him, you all would have liked him, i watch out for his son and widow, he would have done the same for me
  • jeff_7
    jeff_7 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    thinking of him

You never loose him as long as good memories.
    my dad was one of my best friends and he pased away
    6 years ago. It still feals like yesterday. I think of him every day, and still talk to him I know he is listen.
    K eep thinking of all the good stuff.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Steve

Sorry to hear of your loss. Kathy, all the kids and I will keep you and yours lifted up before Him who gives all comfort. "Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted" Matthew 5:4. Notice it says "will" not, "might be".

Steve Ebels
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    My sincere condolences...

you are in my thoughts. Think of it this way, he left a legacy, YOU!! His memories go one in you.

ME

• John G. Merritt
    John G. Merritt Member Posts: 140
    Options

Steve:

Sorry you lost your friend. Everything is passing
    away. Death is only a temporary seperation, but it hurts
    anyway, especially in the present hour.

John
  • Joe at krahezfoo@aol.com
    Options
    Dear Steve- My heart is with you!

Losing someone who is close to you is a very difficult thing to deal with. We are only here for a short time; travelers through this life. Some travel for a long distance and some travel to the next stop. We hope and pray that those who leave us go without pain and suffering; we hurt because they are not with us now, but they are the ones who do not have to suffer all the problems that plague us. No cancer, no loved one killed in battle, no sniper killing in DC. Before I went to Nam in 1971, I was scared to death; but a wise man told me that if there was no afterlife, I would not know the difference; I would no longer exist; and if there was an afterlife, hopefully it wasn't too hot where I would end up at. God Bless You, and keep you in His love!!!! Hope this Helps!! Joe.
This discussion has been closed.