Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Blowing hot and cold

Options
Ryan_3
Ryan_3 Member Posts: 1
Guys,
Can anyone out there help me? I have heating system that is not running as it should. In the basement I have hot running water, but this is the only place in a four story house. As well as this, the whole system gurgles, moans and bubbles with noises that sometimes keep me awake at night on the top floor. Are these two problems linked? Will bleeding the radiators help? I also have no pressure on the top two floor shower units. Does anyone have an explanation? Is this one problem or many? Are there any simple tests or solutions I can carry out to save expensive bills? Help, Help, Help, stop me showering at the gym!!!

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options

you need a contracter this is not a fix it your self problem
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Ryan

Sounds like air in the pipes and bleeding would help. It could also lower the preasure if the feeder is old or clogged. Lower water preasure can be a dangerous problem. You could dry fire the boiler, not good.

This is an easy fix for a good contrator. He can check the preasure,eliminate air, and check to make sure you have no other safty problems.

You'll sleep much better at night with this solution. Check the find a contractor site to the left of this screen.

Good Luck

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • JimGPE_3
    JimGPE_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options

Wait - You are mentioning the radiators and the showers in the same breath, as if they are connected somehow. Please explain how problems with the radiators is in your mind connected with the shower?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.