Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

An idea for chimney inspections

Options
Wayco Wayne
Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
What if someone, (mayby me) designed a cage of sorts that would hold a video camera with a spot light that you could lower and take a movie of the descent of the camera. It would be even better if you could make it go up from the bottom, I hate crawling up on roofs. The real question is, does something like this already exist??

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• KevMcG
    KevMcG Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Would a Drain camera work? nm

• Paul_6
    Paul_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    yes

one of the local chimney companies here in porland has a camera, and we have had him out on jobs to inspect chimneys prior to equipment replacement. i'm sure he does regular inspections as well. it's a cool tool, just a little eyeball on a flexible rod with some stabilizers to keep it centered. from the bottom he can go up 35 feet. so the last chimney i had done was 70' so we went in from top as well. wound up installing a liner because the chimney had some holes in it. Paul
  • Andy Michl_2
    Andy Michl_2 Member Posts: 14
    Options

I have a Roto-vision camera that I use for duct cleaning and any thing else the little bugger will fit into. It has a 35' cord that connects to a color TV/VCR. Every week it finds a new use. Really like it for seeing what is inside if walls or crawl spaces that have limited access. It can be found at rotobrush.com
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Andy

How much does one of those run??? I looked at the web site but it gave no prices. Wayco Wayne

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.