Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Injection system dome

Options
Patrick_3
Patrick_3 Member Posts: 20
Finished the injection system, 5 low temp zones and 2 high temp zones. Only problem is I wired the primary pump using the Munchking pump contacts. I notice when the taco (tekmar) outdoor reset shuts down the "TT" to boiler, that of course shuts off my primary pump causing my injection loop to follow path of least resistance, circulating within itself and not drawing water thru boiler. I will now rewire primary pump off the taco control to allow primary to keep running. Thanks goes out Hot Rod and all for your support and input in design of system. I'm going to try and post pictures. Again thank you, Patrick

Comments

• Patrick_3
    Patrick_3 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    spelled \"done\" wrong

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Nice work!

Hard to believe that little "suit case" of a boiler could be so full of heat!

Yes, you need to keep the primary pump spinning while the injection is calling.

I've heard the December "Hydronics Workshop column may get into some post purge ideas, stay tuned. Although mainly for high mass, large volume systems you could probably wring additional BTUs from any heat source with a post purge set up. Cold start up would drive that condenser into a more efficient run, I would think. Be fun to experiment with that.

Keep us posted as the heating season progresses.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.