Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Not sure on the spelling so think Fumigate , at least it's in the dictionary . We have a salesman who looked at a job in a manufacturing facility the other day. He is asking me for advice on replacing this device described to him by someone in the plant as a "fumilator". From his description I will attempt to make this as clear as mud. There is a tank on a mezzanine(appears to be a steam condensate receiver)that has a pipe from it to a vertical tank resting on the floor below , this pipe extends to within 3" of the bottom of the "fumilator" tank. There is another pipe comming of the top of the "fumilator" that appears to tie into the sanitary sewer. It sounds to me , like this tank and terminology is home grown , the brain child of some long gone maintenance worker. I think it is a homemade trap to keep out sewer gas . However , I prefer to error to the side of caution ,,,,,,,,,has anyone ever heard of this device or term ,in this application. I have the saleman going back to the job for more pictures and info , but thought I would seek some help here.
P.S. Why do you think the word dictionary is in the dictionary , if you did not know what it was,,, how could you look it up???????
This discussion has been closed.