Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ISH Toronto- Paul P

Options
Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
any of you attend the ISH show in Toronto? What did you think? Will you be heading to Las Vegas next October to attend ISH #2?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    I had

a blast. I went up with a group of 40 people [+/-] from the South Eastern Conn.PHCC/Shetucket Supply. I met Robert Bean and John Hall and Peter Caruso. I knew Hot Rod and Ellen were there, and you Paul but did not have time to track everyone down. The show was good, Toronto was fun. Had some real good meals. Did a lot of walking. Las Vegas might be too far and too much $ for me.I went with a great bunch of people and had a real good time.Had a real good look at the Danfoss panels and the rep took a lot of time with us. I saw Rich Tretheway[sp] at Viessmann. Rich was taping something on camera.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    That was me

taping him. Too bad we didn't have a chance to meet. The interview will be seen on HVAC-TV in a few weeks.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    DOOOHHHH!

I couldn't have been two feet away from you. I was waiting to get a tour of the Vitodens.
  • Matt DeLia
    Matt DeLia Member Posts: 2
    Options
    ish

Hats off to PHCC,Carl Smith, Joe Perretti,Shetucket Plumbing Supply for there dedication and hard work to make this show available to tradesman who feel the need to stay involved not just for the money, but to better themselves as well as the customers needs. A good time was had by 40 people due to thier donations,I would like to thank all who made this possible, also the companys at the show. Matt DeLia
  • Pat
    Pat Member Posts: 25
    Options
    ISH Toronto

Paul,
    Enjoyed your class. You should be a travel agent for the German tourist bureau. I love to listen to someone who is passionate about what they sell. Vegas maybe? Germany yes! Just have to figure out how to sell it to the boss.
    Thanks
    Pat
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    Great feedback!

Thanks for the replies. Ken Secor thought the trade show was a waste of time. He did like the seminars, and thought they saved the show...

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Moses
    Moses Member Posts: 93
    Options
    ISH Toronto

I had a great time at the show and at the seminars. I am looking forward to the next show in October. Do you know the dates? It was grat to meet so many people. I allways say "there is no strangers here! only friends that you have never met yet!!" and I have met a lot of friends.
    Thanks Paul
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Always a joy

to see you, Moses. Thanks for coming to my sessions. Again!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tom Bradd
    Tom Bradd Member Posts: 34
    Options
    ISH

I had a blast ! It was good to talk to people from all around the country the show was very informative. I had a great time talking to people at the Wirsbo party.AND wow did we have some fun at the Kohler party it was fantastic !!!!!

good to see you all !
    Tom
    PS Paul nice to meet you
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    My gripe

The ISH Press Conference was a big disappointment. Instead of talking about the Toronto or Las Vegas show, each speaker went on, ad nauseum, about the future Frankfurt show. Not only that, they talked so long that lunch was not even served until after 1:30, when many other seminars began. Thumbs down to Messe Frankurt for its banal, "read word-for-word from the handouts" presentation.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    ISH-NA #2

The next show in the USA will be held Oct 1-3 in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay.
    Moishe, I loved your stories and approach to life. Not to mention how dedicated a Wethead you are. The way both of us like to talk, good thing we don't work for the same company...not much work would get done.

• Moses
    Moses Member Posts: 93
    Options
    ISH Show

The best part of the seminers, was the 2,engineers that I was able to convince them to come to the show and to the seminers. They attented Dan's sessions, and John Siegenthaler sessions. Remember the plan that I showed you, well after they came home they revised the plan and the print accordingly
  • Phil Deets
    Phil Deets Member Posts: 2
    Options
    ISH Toronto

I really enjoyed the show and the seminars! i was disappointed in not seeing the real Weil McLain Ultra.

Dan, as usual your seminars were great!

Paul, I am sorry I missed out on your seminar, I kind of lost track of time and totally missed it.

I also learned alot about Canadian Beer! Man I am glad to get back to the USA!

Las Vegas? Probably not. ASHRAE Chicago? Yes

Phil
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Thanks for being there

You guys were so good to me. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.