Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low mass radiant

Options
harvey
harvey Member Posts: 153
Which of the screw down (quik track,warmboard etc) systems have you used and which one do you continue to use? We have used the climate panel system before. We're quoting a new job and are up against warmboard. What do you think? Thanks

Comments

• Contractors that have worked with us have used Wirsbo's QuikTrak system. It does seem to work very well though perhaps the material cost is higher than some other products. Wirsbo's reputation for quality tubing is hard to beat however. As a designer I like the variable spacing allowed with quiktrak (10 and 7 inch o.c.'s) and find the 10 inch configuration to be more than adequate for most installations.
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Climate panel& quik trak

we have used climate panel and quik trak on many jobs. They both work great.Warm board scares me.Much too limiting I think. The only job I saw made so much expansion noise that the homeowner never did pay for it. Thank god I was not the guinea pig. Don't know what went wrong I wasn't there.
  • Chris Maderia
    Chris Maderia Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Quick Trak or Climate Panel

they both come off the same factory floor and pex tubing is pex tubing. You can get longer loop lengths with the climate panel though. I think maybe it's not the tubing or the panel you should be concerned about in bidding this job it shold be what type of control strategy you are going to use.
This discussion has been closed.