Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendations? ?

Options
T.
T. Member Posts: 3
HELP! In need of suggestions for software that works well with the Heating Industry. Customer database, accounting, scheduling etc... Does anyone have any programs they can recommend? ? ? Please and thank you in advance.

Comments

• John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    We use

Quickbooks for all our accounting and customer base type stuff....I see they have a new "contractor Quickbooks" out, but I haven't looked into it much because their regular quickbooks works well for everything we do.

Quickbooks is a very versitle program and I have to admit I only use a very small part of it.It does quite a bit if you take the time to learn it.

The only other program I use is PricePoint from Cloversoft.I use that for material pricing.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Wintac

I've mentioned this before and was supprised no else seems to use these guys. They advertise in the back of P+M. I used the older dos version and now have upgraded to the windows version, WINTAC.

I am happy with this price the ease of use and it does all I want and more.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • HBW
    HBW Member Posts: 33
    Options
    QB

I'm with John, been using Quick Books (PRO) for 11 years, we use all of its features, can't beat it for the price. Custom software could run you thousands.
  • Edward A. Carey
    Edward A. Carey Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Me too

I am with the others. I have used Quick Books PRO for the last seven years. Incredably easy to use. Needs a little set up at first, but after that, it is a snap.

On bit of advise, your set up at first will be the key to easy use. Take time setting up your general acct info, and be careful that you do not micro manage your account info to a point that the program gives you "too much" information. It has the ability to break A/P A/R etc. down so far that it is impractical.

The reports for the accountant are great. After two years of use of QB, he actually substantially LOWERED my accounting fees for the year, because so much of his work was already done for him.

Regards,

Edward A. (Ed) Carey
  • T.
    Options
    Nice!

Very impressive program from what I saw on their site. It is actually similar to another program I've looked at called KRS SERVICE FIRST, not sure if you have heard of it. It has the same type of format and options but costs A LOT more than WINTAC. Thanx for the input Scott, an all-in-one program seems to be the best route and the cost of WINTAC seems to be a good investment.

T.
  • T.
    Options

John,
    Does QuickBooks have integrated into it a scheduling program that you know of? I would like to link the customer info (address, phone, type of service to be done etc.) with our Tech's when they go out on calls.
This discussion has been closed.