Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I lost it!

Options
Mark Eatherton1
Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
that neither of those bays has any representation of insulation in it. That changes every thing.

ME

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=88&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Options
    need some information

A while ago, someone posted a picture or two of an infrared comparision picture of using plates versus not using plates. I thought I had saved it, but can't find it.

Can someone please re-post it or send me a link? I recall that Siggy had done the research and this was a repost of it. I could be wrong on that, though.

Thanks.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    This article

Raised some blood pressure in the industry :)

http://www.pmmag.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,2379,80254,00.html

Try Dale at Radiant Engineering. He has some FEA graphs comparing output differences also.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Options
    Thanks.

Thanks Hot Rod. That was the article I wa looking for, but I need the infrared picture that does the comparision between plates and no-plates.

J.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Options
    I found it!

The last stinkin' disk I found in a pile in the back of a drawer in the desk had what I was looking for.

Thanks.

J.
  • jim f
    jim f Member Posts: 182
    Options
    INSULATION

on the left side of the chart says 4" fiberglass insulation on both comparisions
    jim f.
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    how would the infrared picture look

if there were 4 pipes in the staple up bay. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • bruce pirger
    bruce pirger Member Posts: 111
    Options

Forwhatever it's worth...I think those pictures are results of models, not true an actual images. However, they are probably pretty accurate. (I could be wrong...but sure likes like a model output to me)

More tubes I'd think would be just what you'd expect...4 "peaks" and corresponding valleys. Lower temp water could be used.

Are you considering 4 tubes in a 16" joist bay? 4" on center?
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    i do install

my staple up 4" on center near the outside walls. i feel i get a lot more heat output that way. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Larry Ticknor
    Larry Ticknor Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I would question

how accurate that picture is because it shows the btu's traveling further into the insulation than into the plywood. I use an R-value of about 1.2 per inch for plywood and 3.5 per inch for fiberglas insulation. If the R-value has anything to do with the heat movement, it should be traveling faster through the plywood than the insulation. But maybe I'm missing something.

Larry Ticknor
This discussion has been closed.