Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tjurland vent kit

Options
Larry_7
Larry_7 Member Posts: 86
Most 80+ furns have no draft diverter. My concern would be that the power venter may pull too hard through the combustion chamber if no excess draft relief in the vent system. Some manuf. have optional kits to allow for sidewall venting. Do make sure to interlock the furnace with the power vent pressure switch. My .02

Larry

Comments

• Helgy
    Helgy Member Posts: 12
    Options
    tjurland vent kit

I have a job that I'm taking over from another contractor. It has an 80% furnace. The problem is it was never vented. Now the job is complete. The only way I can see to do it is to install a Tjurland vent kit and go sidewall with the venting. Vertical is not an option. Can you mount a Tjurland vent motor on a vertical pipe ( the vertical run is were I have the most room to mount the kit ) or does it have to be mounted horizontally? Has anyone tried it vertically with any luck?

Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks, Helgy
  • John T_2
    John T_2 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Powered exhaust

Helgy, it sounds like you may be mixing two different applications (if I understand you correctly).

Are you using a draft inducer or a power venter?

John T.
  • David M. Oliver
    David M. Oliver Member Posts: 4
    Options

Have done this. The power venter needs to mount in a horizontal position but your inlet pipe and outlet pipe can come in and take off in what ever plane you need. Just keep in mind that its original design was to be mounted at the point of exit from the building. This is because your vent changes to a positive pressure as it exits the building. This keeps flue gas leaks to none. If you watch your pressure side of the flue and keep it tightly sealed it can be mounted at whatever point is convenient. Keeping in mind the total static created (not to exceed unit) and safety switches, . Also when you have completed install don't forget to adjust down the total airflow with the provided device. You only need to draw enough air to form a negitive WC in flue when hooked to appliance. Its also always a good idea to also install a spill switch on draft diverter(if gas). Good luck Dave.
  • Herb
    Herb Member Posts: 31
    Options
    power venting

an 80+ furnace can also be accomplished with a Field Controls unit. Their power-vent mounts in the housing on the outside wall. All you have to do is run B-vent to the housing along with the wiring. No noisy vent motor to hang from the joists or pressurized runs to seal. Just another thought.
This discussion has been closed.