Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin

Options
The screw holding the "fan prove" pressure switch to the control board was too long and pierced the unit causing the switch to open.

The same thing happened to someone else here ...... was that you, Scott Milne?

Grrrrrrrrrr.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=53&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    That would be me

Had two of them like that. But they were both installed last year and I haven't had one problem with any of the others I've installed since.

We installed a Pinnacle two weeks ago cuz'the Munchies are gettin' scarce!!

Love that boiler!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Helgy
    Helgy Member Posts: 12
    Options
    munchkin boilers

Are these boilers reliable? I just got done installing one and wondered what kind of service problems have been popping up with them.

Thank, helgy
  • Alan(OnVacationInOregon)Forbes
    Options
    The smart ones

learn from other people's mistakes, the not-so-smart ones learn from their own mistakes and the not-smart-at-all ones never learn at all.

So that was you, Mark. I should have figured that one out after reading your threads a few weeks ago.

helgy: Yes, the Munchkins are very reliable boilers so long as you set them up correctly. Make sure you pump away and avoid micro-zoning.
  • leo g_14
    leo g_14 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    they had a

problem with the condensate drain ripping right at the heat exchanger base on some of them. a real pain to fix, but i hear that they were willing to pay for the feild repair. seems like they've got that one fixed up now.

leo g
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Paul

Not me, but, I did attend their building for a day seminair where they admitted that this problem did happen. I believe it to be growoing pains as they were quite open and honest about it.

Seems someone on the production line ran out of screws and picked up another bag to continue on. The screws he picked up were just a "tad" to long. Unfortunalty it took them a little while to catch it.

The pinnacle is made at the same plant, but I dont believe this problem happened to that line.

I think we should stick with these guys as they have our and their best interest at heart.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    reliable and helpful

I have found their whole organization from Dave the owner to the lady answering the phone to be very helpful. I love these boilers. When the new control comes out it will be that much better. It really integrates the burner mobulation with the in/outdoor water temp. modulation. These guys are way ahead of the field in my opinion.
  • Cheeze-Tech
    Cheeze-Tech Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Warranty

I really like those boilers! My only beef with them is their parts warranty. One year on variable/modulating technology parts is very cheesy. I would feel much better telling customers how great they are if the would stand behind them with a little better warranty.
This discussion has been closed.