Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Setpoint Controls

Options
antman
antman Member Posts: 182
Hello all, I cant for the life of me figure out how a setpoint control with a floor sensor will be able to maintain a constant room temp. I have just completed my first VSIM job for a kitchen/family room. All with ceramic floor, i have a Wirsbo Pro mix 201 (suplly sensor, boiler return sensor, and outside air sensor)with a Wirsbo single stage set point controlw/floor sensor inserted into copper tubing(in case or replacement)embedded in mud job. The set point control is mainting the acurate slab reading however room temps change based on outside temp. I cant understand how this works, am i missing something or should i not use a set point control for variable speed injection mixing.
The room has no supllemental heat, heatloss calcs were ok for radiant floor.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Ant

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=239&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Danny Paul
    Danny Paul Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Set point control

I'm a big user of the wirsbo line and they have some great controls, mostly made by tekmar. There new thermostat 510 is a good way to go. It's programable to sence air and floor temperatures and you can program it to sense them at different times. Example in the morning when people are around you can have it sense the floor. The have it maintain air temp when people are at work. Then at dinner time go back to the floor. Then back to air when everyone is sleeping. Tekmar makes the same t-stat. Ckeck them out

Danny
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    You can't, ant

A setpoint control with only a sensor in the slab will only control the slab temperature. Wht may be better is a dual sensing t stai RTI, Danfoss, and tekmar are a few I use.

I like the new tekmar, bit of a learning curve to program and a funky wiring arrangment, but still a very nice stat.

Sometimes a simple setpoint works fine. I use one on my main bathroom. The door remains open, unless in use of course, if not the room will over heat with the control set at a constant floor temperature. I find 78 in the summer and 81-82 in the winter months works well.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.