Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

40 years

Options
Dave Palmer
Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
This is a boiler we just finished, have had the house for 40 years. On the 3rd owners and they finally installed a new boiler.Little sad to see it go but happy as heck not to service it anymore. To bad for me their oil bill will be lower but great for them.I hope at the holidays they show it to their friends and they all want one.

Comments

• Robert O'Connor
    Robert O'Connor Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Well done

Well done. Nice clean piping that will look good 40 years from now.

Do you have to do much for code upgrades when you change a boiler in your area? Ie: oil tank, chimney , electrical.

Regards,

Robert O'Connor
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Dave ,

Nice job ! Just remember that the customer you save (money to) today , will be a customer for a LONG TIME . Takes longer to make the dough back , but also remember the 1/10 rule .Do it right , they tell 1 person. Do it wrong , they tell 10. You'll be fine judging by this fine install .Chris.
  • Dave Palmer
    Options

Rob,old boiler was on a big pad but I couldn't center the new boiler on it because I would be too close to the oil tanks.There are 2 138 gallon tanks ,if there was a 275 tank I would have had the clearance (5') so the new boiler is off set from the chimney by about 2 feet.Needed a stairway switch and the chimney clay liner was ok.Get a little better than 84% out of it too so I was happy.Just seems like a basic system for a great old house,kind of wish we could have put in a hot water maker or a aqua-booster to dress it up a little.In a another 40 years I quess,my kids can do that one. dave
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Nice job Dave

I was wondering don't you need a prv on the hot water side? or is it out of view. Nice to see #67 lwco only see probe type around here in ma now.Also that ez pro burner is a great set-up so smooth, I had afew that you need to check peep hole just to make sure it's fired.
  • Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Nice

job.Just curious where is the barometric draft regulator.Also what kind of pipe dope do you use.
  • Dave Palmer
    Options

John,just out of site is a 3.5 gpm flow restrictor,I have a 67 on there just so the owner can keep blowing the boiler down.Skimed it but you know the crap that comes out.Felt more comfortable w/ it. And the owner's a young guy who is very anal about doing the right thing,I even gave him a new bucket at no extra charge hehe
  • Dave Palmer
    Options
    Leon

damper is facing toward the wall,the way we had to position the boiler I couldn't face it forward but it still has full movement.The dope is "blue magic" off the top of my head can't think of the manufacter of it, has teflon in it. Like it a lot,little thicker then most. I also use teflon on the threads for deeper joints.
This discussion has been closed.