Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who makes this

Options
Cosmo
Cosmo Member Posts: 159
The only bad thing I can find to complain about my Multi-cutter is the jerk when it starts, that 14" blade needs alot of power to start spinng. I am worried about the longevity of the motor. Who sells a little soft start control that I could wire in to the motor?

Cas

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Also

I'd like to see that quick stop feture added like most wood working tools have. I hate reaching around that spinning blade, even with the nice guard.

It would also allow you to vice up the next piece quicker.

I'd rate the cut quality somewhere between a band saw cut and an abrasive wheel cut. Not as clean and neat as a porta band cut, but less mess and noise than an abrasive cut. It leaves a bit of a burr when cutting aluminum transfer plater. My 10" miter saw with a non ferrous blade provides a nicer cut on the plates.

All in all a nice well rounded tool.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Soft Start Accessory

Can't seem to find one, except industrial rack-mount controls. I believe it would have to be designed inside the saw. The rack-mount units are wired to be "between the starting unit and the motor."
This discussion has been closed.