Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help with floor warming

Options
smoore
smoore Member Posts: 28
I have a customer that is remodling a bathroom and would like radiant heat in his walk in shower. The concrete has already been poured in the shower and i don't know if it will work by installing tubeing in joist space with heat plates. there are two layers of 3/4" plywood, 2 1/2" of concrete and ceramic tile going on top. Will it work in the joists or do i need to break concrete out and install tubeing into concrete? the shower is 4 1/2' by 4 1/2' and the room is heated via forced air furnace. thanks for any help.

Comments

• j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    shower heat

most tile installers don't like tubing in their setting bed....what about radiant walls in the shower
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    If you water at least 140

You should be able to do it with 3/8" copper tubing in Radiant Engineering Thermo-fin on 8" centers. Not particularly fun to do, but a lot easier than destroying the mud floor.
  • smoore
    smoore Member Posts: 28
    Options
    radiant walls

The radiant isn't really to heat the shower just to warm the floor as this customer is somewhat spoiled and doesn't want to step onto a cold shower floor.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Floor warming

If you have a way to get under the floor a plate type system should work fine. That is my most popular retro fit application. I would go with 8" O.C. spacing and 3/8" pex for ease of installation.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.