Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oh the whole thing!?!

Options
Dave Palmer
Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
looked at a job today,people wanted a 2nd estimate on a boiler replacement, I did a heatloss,"nobody did that before" was the reply. Old boiler would be piped ok if not for choking 11/4" down to two 1" zones,neat solder job anyway.Or being way over-fired that killed the dry-base.But the best part was and I think you can see it in the photo is the base of the packing crate is still under the boiler!I beat the price by using the right size boiler by $450.

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

Well I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. (Shipping crate)

I wonder if the guy that installed that one all of a sudden slapped himself in the forehead when he realized he had been leaving all of them on?

Probably not. Never mind.

Don't forget the "after" pics!!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    The BIG OOOPS !

Saw a lot of this in the late 80's . Get in/ get out . The boobs matched the old boiler instead of the radiation and water load . Time heals , a fried boiler doesn't . BTW, cast iron capped boilers with a steel base were (at the time) a contractors dream . Cheap to buy , cheap to install and in general cheap overall. People who bought them are getting hit between the eyes now, after 15 years ,for a cost 3-4 times what they spent then . As Mr. Snap-On tool says,"quality IS priceless".
This discussion has been closed.