Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler gauge placement: The manufacturer of the Buderus boiler I

Options
Joe_30
Joe_30 Member Posts: 85
Can I put a boiler gauge at the top of a 12 inch stub of a pipe, coming off a tee in the horizontal supply water pipe.? I would have a bleed valve to get rid of air. It's would not be in the "flow" but the temperature and pressure should be the same. [ The manufacturer supplies an elbow and a vertical header with the gauge inserted right into the flow, but I am not piping in that upward direction.] Geez, I don't liker boilers with the piping at the rear. Thanks, Joe

Comments

• Frank_3
    Frank_3 Member Posts: 112
    Options

The installation instructions for the Buderus (well, at least the one I have) shows that the header they supply can be mounted vertically or horizontally. Personally, I'm planning on leaving it vertical and then taking a tee off that to get around the exhaust flue and meet up with the air seperator. The tee will also make a great spot to install the low-water cutoff as it will be above the boiler.

Just a thought.
  • Bill Clinton
    Bill Clinton Member Posts: 75
    Options
    the pressure

would be the same, but I would expect the temperature to be a lot lower.

Bill
  • Joe_30
    Joe_30 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Boiler gauge on-a-stick

Reply to Bill: If the boiler gauge is on a 12 inch high, 3/4 inch pipe rising off the boiler supply outlet point, and has a bleed valve to remove any air, and has a little insulation on it, won't it give a good temp readout, with a tiny lag time for changes? What am I missing. Water is a heat medium.

With our the supply line running straight back from the boiler, nine inches below the top of it, a gauge in- the- line would be sort of down out of view. So, a gauge on a little stem SEEMS to be an answer. Joe, a cautious amateur.

This discussion has been closed.