Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar as good as they appear?

Options
bruce pirger
bruce pirger Member Posts: 111
I am extremely impressed with Tekmar. The 363 looks to be EXACTLY what I need. Heck, it can even control two variable speed pumps...one for mixing from the boiler and one for mixing from another heat source, ie outside wood boiler! Indoor temperature feedback, slab minimum temperature setpoint, DHW control and priority, and boiler return control.

WOW...it's all there. Can even use multiple indoor temp sensors to take an average for "large open spaces".

And MOST IMPRESSIVE...their documentation. Clear, concise, readily accessible. I have the technical installtion details of the 363, downloaded, and it is clear as can be.

So do they work as well as they have polished their appearance on paper??

Seems to me, the Vitola VB2-18 and Tekmar 363 are in my immediate future. Looks like a wonderful system...for today, and for tomorrow when I add the boiler.

The only function question...can I use the storage tank source to heat my DHW tank? Seems like yes, just need to plumb in the primary loop somehow...

And I can just download these Technical Essays. Tekmar, if you are listening, I am very impressed. Ca-ching...you have made a sale!

Thanks all!

Comments

• j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    good as gold

i've had 2 yrs of trouble free operation
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    tekmar w/Veissman?

> I am extremely impressed with Tekmar. The 363

> looks to be EXACTLY what I need. Heck, it can

> even control two variable speed pumps...one for

> mixing from the boiler and one for mixing from

> another heat source, ie outside wood boiler!

> Indoor temperature feedback, slab minimum

> temperature setpoint, DHW control and priority,

> and boiler return control.

>

> WOW...it's all

> there. Can even use multiple indoor temp sensors

> to take an average for "large open spaces".

> And MOST IMPRESSIVE...their documentation.

> Clear, concise, readily accessible. I have the

> technical installtion details of the 363,

> downloaded, and it is clear as can be.

>

> So do

> they work as well as they have polished their

> appearance on paper??

>

> Seems to me, the

> Vitola VB2-18 and Tekmar 363 are in my immediate

> future. Looks like a wonderful system...for

> today, and for tomorrow when I add the boiler.

> The only function question...can I use the

> storage tank source to heat my DHW tank? Seems

> like yes, just need to plumb in the primary loop

> somehow...

>

> And I can just download these

> Technical Essays. Tekmar, if you are listening,

> I am very impressed. Ca-ching...you have made a

> sale!

>

> Thanks all!

I like Tekmar a lot, and have installed somewhere around 200 of their injection pump controls, (365, 370, 371, 363, and others). The 363 is great. I have had no problems at all with them. And easy to operate and adjust once you get used to it.
    I have installed one 363, w/ a Veissman Vitrond, but that was only because of a special deal on the boiler.
    BUT>>>>>>> I would say you would be better off using Vessman controls on Veissman boilers, which will allow it to cycle as designed, etc. The Veissman and Tekmar controls together usually ends up with duplicating (redundant) control of the same thing, and will leave you trying to figure what to use from what, since both controls can't do the same job. Also....The special aquastat well w/ Veissman, w/ 5 seperate wells, can only be used with the Veissman long narrow probes. Also the electrical logic (10K, etc.) is not exactly the same with both controls.
    Most of the Tekmar we install we use with Buderus boilers, which makes a great match. You can order the Buderus with-out buderus controls, but I have not found that to be true for Veissman.

Steve
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    You could....

....if you were to add the piping like you suggested and a 155 Difference Setpoint Control also by tekmar. Send me an email if you have questions.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Al_3
    Al_3 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Tekmar

In my Earlier days I used to listen to a salesman of mine for a lot of my tech questions..... Untill I wised up and realized these guys could care less if the system worked or not they just wanted to make sure I was cheap enough to get the job so they would get their %--- I have learned my lessons in radiant and don't install radiant systems anymore without injection, & outdoor reset. It just works & I never get call backs... knock, knock, knock on wood.
    As far as Tekmar, I have never had a single problem, except for sitting up at night reading the books so i didn't look like a moron on sight. Also check out Wirsbo's new line of controls made exclusively by tekmar for wirsbo.
    They work very nice, & if you hurry you can score a pretty nice denim shirt if you are an advantage member-----AL
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Trust me...

this guy knows his tekmar controls.

Hi ya Mike!

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Thanks ME

Was good meeting you in Colorado. Hope your snowmelting job is on schedule.

Mike

PS.: Are you going to ISH-NA?
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Fly in the ointment.

If you are bent on using VSI for your mixing needs, consider using an alternate boiler. Using VSI with a Vitola is........pointless. The whole idea of the Vitola is to be able to use low return water temperatures, which can be attained only by using the motorized three way. With variable speed injection, the return water temps will elevate to the point of, what's the point. I would recommend you use the Vitorond or some other single wall non-condensing boiler if VSI is your choice.

Warm Regards,

heatboy

climatecadvanced.com

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.