Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Unhappy HO gets spirits lifted

Options
Ken
Ken Member Posts: 26
who took the time to respond to my thread. I was very concerned that only being a HO and thus criticising from outside your group, that I may not get any replies at all. I have heard the phrase "unreasonable homeowner expectations" too often as a reason to dismiss my arguments. Your responses have been overwhelming in both your desire to find answers and your support for me personally. You have re-energized me when I just about didn't have any fight left.

I was also aware that this could come across as an argument with an idiot in public as Dave Yates put it so well, and that would leave me with less credibility than before. Another concern was that the overwhelming number of issues all in one project was enough to make it unbelievable. As our plumber commented even before more flaws had been recognised "Who could believe a system could be this amiss?"

I was fearful that if I made one "dumb" comment, that it may allow someone to pick up on it and blow my case out of the water.

I put a tremendous amount of thought and worry into it before I finally sent that thread. It was not taken lightly as an opportunity to publicly bash anyone, but more as a last resort when all my other, more private avenues were going nowhere. I had addressed these issues with all the companies involved and nothing I have said here is behind their backs.

As I have written previously, their are two things I would like to accomplish. Fixing my house is #1 to me, but I feel it is also important to try to change some attitudes. I don't know how many projects any of these three companies would be involved in across Canada in a single day, but it would be considerable. I have tried to point out to them privately, how their level of expertise is affecting the lives of their customers. All I have received is contempt. If I do nothing I have become an accomplice. Perhaps all this research has left me a little bit too passionate about the potential of radiant.

What I have found out is that the areas of concern in this system are too numerous for one thread. I have a hard time explaining it all without writing a boring book, and it is difficult to answer your questions from so many different directions at once.

I would like to start some more threads using your questions as a guide to allow a more focussed approach. I am afraid the last thread has become too large to be convenient for your already busy lives. I expect my first questions will relate to slab edge insulation, an issue Bill Clinton wrote about in a very interesting reply.

All your responses, both on the wall and direct, are valued and are being studied as I try to prepare my best case to get my house fixed.

Once again, I want to thank you for giving me some renewed hope.

Ken Caverly
This discussion has been closed.