Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

air scoops

Options
Gary Usa
Gary Usa Member Posts: 40
wished to say a huge thanks for all the great comments regarding my recent boiler installation,with relation to air scoops and the position of water feed make up.does it realy make difference of the location and if so why,if i may ask please,i did on this occassion pipe it into the return but sometimes think of tapping the water make up straight into the air scoop so it can catch the air bubbles from the fresh water ,where i installed the lwco i thought maybe a drain off valve would be better their so i can close the valve off just above it,where the water make up was then put into the air scoop so that when purging the system the water would have to pass round the whole system and make sure for a realy good purge,whats your thoughts on this guys.

hope all is good with you all

all the best

gary usa

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Looks good to me...

You're pumping away from the PONPC, your air seperator is after the boiler, which is where the O2 is most like to come out of suspension (water is hottest, pressure is lowest). Insofar as the make up location, if what you have is conducive to fill and purge, leave it alone.

Technically speaking, as long as you are pumping away from the PONPC, it really doesn't make any difference where the make up is tapped in. It is going to "see" pressures that wouldn't allow it to dump additional water into the system caused by low pressures produced by the pumps. What you have is fine.

Looks like you're doing us proud Gary. Welcome to America!

Hope to see you at WetStock.

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.