Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Older Viessmann boilers

Options
I am a contractor building myself a new house (finally!) and was looking for a little professional advice from a impartial group. The house will be about 5000 sq ft.& insulated to the max, approximately 2000 sq ft of stadler climate panels 1st floor ,2300 sq ft of hydro air 2nd floor and I am trying to add 700 ft of baseboard to existing garage which is currently family/kitchen-we added 3400' house onto 1500' garage. So anyway, my question is this-I have the chance to purchase a Viessmann AR 270 gas boiler with a 92 gal VC92 IWH from my supply house,it is a leftover from August 1997,but brand new.Is this the right type of Boiler for the heating applications I have listed? Is there anything I should look for with the boiler? I have heard that it is a little big,but what are the pros & cons to this.
I live near Boston,Ma ,just to give you an idea of location.
Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Viessmann

My Viessman was 10 yrs old before I got it. Sat on the showroom floor. My supplier gave a good deal on it. No regrets. I could not have afforded a new one on what I make.If you can get the Trimatic control with it that would be good. How much too big? It sounds like you have a lot going on there.
  • Steve Fabrizio
    Steve Fabrizio Member Posts: 4
    Options

I ahve heard that it is around 75k to big. It does come with a Trimatic, but it is the style that has the dials & not the digital readout,I don't know if this makes a difference or not. I have also heard that I should not be using an atmospheric boiler with this application of heat- but again I don't know, does anyone out there know?
    thanks
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Trimatic

The old trimatic II is still a good control. The trimatic MC was the next digital one. The control will manage your hot water and do outdoor reset and setbacks and you can have indoor reset input too. 75K is a little big. Did you do a heat loss? Hey you you could do snow melt or heat a pool. I don't see why atmospheric burner would pose a problem.?
This discussion has been closed.