Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler changeout

Options
Andy N.
Andy N. Member Posts: 53
this is the "before and after" pics of a boiler changeout I recently completed for a contractor I just left. The original boiler reset via a honeywell electromechanical control. The new GV gold resets using Tekmar and injection mixing. This was a government job so no expense was spared in the original installation.

Thanks for your opinions,

Andy

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    I like the

battery power pumps, saves a lot of wiring clutter :) Nice touch on the injection piping with the 45 offsets. Throw some insulation on all that copper when you are finished!

Nice clean install.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Andy N.
    Options
    wiring..

Thanks for the compliment. I usually do the wiring as well but on this job they wanted an electrician to wire it up. I personally prefer to insulate all my piping however I guess it just wasn't in the budget on this job :(. (how could it not be in the budget? gov. cutbacks I guess.
  • bruce pirger
    bruce pirger Member Posts: 111
    Options

As a newbie learning....let me see if I understand what I am looking at. The horizontal pump is the radiant circulator...the vertical pump is the variable speed injection type...hence its close spacing...

There is no boiler primary loop pump?

Hmmm, I see a PVC vent...so maybe a condensing unit?

How'd I do?
  • Andy N.
    Options
    did great...

The primary loop pump is built into the gv boiler. there is also another bypass pump in the boiler to protect it from low temps. (although that is not really necessary with the Tekmar control)
This discussion has been closed.