Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

how to hang a radiator

Options
"That pair needs to be well hung :)" didn't quite zip over this swamprats head. Nice one.

Nice rads too. Been in SWLA for 23 yrs now and have yet to see my first radiator.

Brian in Lili-torn Louisiana.

Comments

• Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    Options
    xray vision

I would like to mount this radiator in my foyer but I need ideas for hangers.According to my EDR book I believe its a H.B. SMITH X-RAY steam radiator from the early 1900's.Hope to make it hot water and pray it doesn't spring a leak.
  • Dave Palmer
    Options
    xray vision

I would like to mount this radiator in my foyer but I need ideas for hangers.According to my EDR book I believe its a H.B. SMITH X-RAY steam radiator from the early 1900's.Hope to make it hot water and pray it doesn't spring a leak.
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Dave

Thats a beauty!Real nice.What type of paint job?I'm scratching my head but cant think of something to support them.......that pair needs to be well hung:)

cheese
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Hang on!!

I've seen them hung on 1/2 moon cast brackets lagged to the wall. These you can replicate with a weldment to suit your install location - grind the edges and paint them flat black, they may even look cast...... Nice little decorative heat emitters. Dan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    if you ......

support the piping that goes to the tappings well enough it should be a great start to holding up your rad. Its a gem...kps
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Judging by EDR

They had lion's paw feet! My plain wall-hung (Triton) has heavy cast "L" brackets.

Any more where those came from? I've been looking for one of those (X-ray) for my kitchen island.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    I've seen them

> They had lion's paw feet! My plain wall-hung

> (Triton) has heavy cast "L" brackets.

>

> Any more

> where those came from? I've been looking for one

> of those (X-ray) for my kitchen island.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    I've seen them

They usually have some brackets ont he wall that the cast iron hooks onto that looks like a coat hook only larger. Finding those would be a real challange. I would try and frabicate them yourselve. I would be worried about that weight hanging from the pipes.

Scott

• Jim_22
    Jim_22 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Wall hung

Dave,
    How tall are your rads? I had some wall hung brackets fabbed for a job a couple of years ago and have some left over.They are made of 2" flat stock and stand the rads off the wall about 1.5" (maybe 2")and have a "J"hook at the bottom to bear the weight. If they're too tall for your rads you can chop them and weld to correct length. If you think you can use a couple, e-mail me your address and I'll ship 'em off.

Jim Bennett
    jimbenet843@hotmail.com
  • Scott Lind
    Scott Lind Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hardware

I came across this link a while back - maybe they can help.

http://www.hydronics.org/instructions/walney/brackets/brackets.htm
  • Dave Palmer
    Options
    thanks

guys for all the great ideas,Dave
  • j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    hang those rads...

....i set them on hardwood blocks (2" x 4" blocks of brazillian Ipe, hard as a rock) and tied them back to the wall with long screws & "washers" provided by shafter bros.

...love the radiator, never seen one like that before
This discussion has been closed.