Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Check your guns at the door! PAH

to present a class on Legionella bacteria.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Floodgates (pun intended)

should open if a Q&A session follows, regarding dual purpose heating/dhw systems.

Heat exchanger sales will probably pick after this one.

Stand back folks, and watch the fireworks.

Brian (interested bystander) Wood.
  • PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    Congrats Dave...and a question

I assume it's you :-)

I have a question that could be distantly related to Legionella in that it's a bacteria problem. Is there any sort of recirculation system out there for residential cold (ambient) water systems? I have seen tons of hot water recirc. for homes, and lots of disinfection/filtration/etc. for cold, but not this...in a rural (well water) area, why not have a system that goes from the furthest point in the system back to the well tank and UV light that kicks on for a few minutes if the water sat for a specified period.

This would better than a chlorine feed system or UV because of THM worries and no residual (resp.), IMHO. It certainly would be a hit in the McMansions...another expensive toy to show! :-)

Seriously, I see this types of systems in certain commercial/pharmaceutical type of settings (that are pretty technical), does anybody have one for a home?

Take care, PJO
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Fireworks?

Why, is there some sort of controversy regarding the known facts?!? A lively Q&A session? Discussions of UV protection? Lions & Tigers & Bears - oh my(G).

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Riles
    Riles Member Posts: 84
    Cats & Dogs living together.

Complete pandemonium.

Can I coordinate the advanced ticket sales.

Dare I say, Standing Room Only?

How about a preview at "The Gathering"?
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
This discussion has been closed.